Greater Palm Bay Chamber 2016 Ambassadors
Debbie Lloyd Lee – ASAP Pest Control
Diane Bryson – True Choice Telecom
Jessica Moore – 142 Productions
Jennifer Helin – Seniors Helping Seniors of Brevard
John Mazziotti – Former Mayor of Palm Bay
Judy Bova – Paul Davis Restorations
Kristi Hernden – Tropical Realty
Pamela Pistor – Buena Vida Estates
Paul Edwards – New York Life
Olivia Gladnick – Glad Eyecare & Surgery Center
Thank you for your interest in the Ambassador Program of the Greater Palm Bay Chamber of Commerce!
What is an Ambassador?
An Ambassador is an official representative of the Chamber of Commerce, a front-line volunteer who serves as the Chamber’s primary liaison to new Chamber members.
Who can serve as an Ambassador?
Any current Chamber member in good standing may be eligible to serve as an Ambassador.
When does the Ambassador Committee meet?
The Ambassador Committee meets once a month at the Chamber office. Ambassadors also attend monthly lunch, ribbon cutting events, networking meetings and other Chamber functions throughout the year.
Where are these events located?
Event locations will vary, as most functions are held on-site at Chamber member places of business.
Why serve as an Ambassador?
Serving as an Ambassador allows you to become more involved in your business community. This results in increased networking opportunity, and enhanced visibility of your business.
ROLE OF THE AMBASSADOR
It is the purpose of an Ambassador to serve as an official representative of The Greater Palm Bay Chamber of Commerce.
The responsibilities of the Ambassador include participation in a variety of programs, projects and activities, including:
- Promotion of the value of Chamber membership within the Community.
- Active recruitment of new members and retention of existing members.
- Attendance at Chamber functions including monthly luncheons, ribbon cuttings, networking events, and other functions through out the year.
- Support at Chamber functions as an official greeter, goodbye-host or crowd-host.
- Yearly contact of membership to obtain updated contact information for Chamber database.
- Assistance in the promotion of Chamber activities and events to the community.
- Active participation in the Chamber’s New Member Mentoring Program.
- Contacting membership to inform of and invite to upcoming Chamber events.
- Serving as a source of information on Chamber programs, products, services and events.
These responsibilities shall be carried out by:
- Staying well informed of Chamber of Commerce policies, procedures, events and services.
- Establishing a personal relationship with assigned members through ongoing phone calls, written messages and personal contact.
- Conducting goodwill calls and alerting Chamber staff of new businesses in the City.
- Serving as a liaison between the Chamber, its members and the business community.
EVENTS & MEETINGS
There are a variety of networking, fundraising and general Chamber of Commerce events that Ambassadors are required to attend throughout the course of the year:
- Ambassador Committee meetings are held once a month at the Chamber office.
- Attendance at committee meetings is required of all Ambassadors.
ELIGIBILITY & MEMBERSHIP
All Ambassadors shall be current members of the Greater Palm Bay Chamber of Commerce in good standing, and adhere to the following stipulations:
- Successful completion of Ambassador University
- Term of Service shall be one (1) year. Upon completion, a new Ambassador Commitment form must be submitted.
Serving as an Ambassador provides you with a greater level of visibility and promotion than standard Chamber membership. As an Ambassador of the Chamber you will receive recognition throughout the year in a variety of different ways:
- Listing on the Ambassador page of the Chamber’s Website.
- Introduction at the monthly lunch
- Introduction and recognition at Chamber events at which you volunteer.
- Recognition at the Annual Installation & Ambassador Recognition Dinner.
- Opportunity to be recognized as Ambassador of Year
- Official Greater Palm Bay Chamber Ambassador
- Name Badge that should be worn at every event
If you are interested in serving as an Ambassador for the Greater Palm Bay Chamber of Commerce, please contact the office to request an application form.