Greater Palm Bay Chamber Quick Facts
- Over 1600 Members, Prospects and Growing
- Members join every week
- 60% are home based businesses
- Chamber funded by membership dues, sponsorships and events
- Great relationship with the City of Palm Bay and officials
- Sponsorship opportunities available
- Membership Luncheons see a turn out of 85-120 people each month
- Business After Hours recommended to showcase your business
The Greater Palm Bay Chamber was founded in April of 1989 by seven individuals who realized the need for the growing Palm Bay area to have its own Chamber of Commerce.
Our Chamber is a non-profit and non-government business organization of professionals working together to enhance and promote the business community of the South Brevard and North Indian River Counties by providing economic leadership, knowledge & advocacy. We are a member-based organization supporting our member’s needs within the city of Palm Bay and enjoy a strong working relationship with city leaders.
Starting over twenty years ago with just a few members, we have grown to over 850 businesses covering seven cities including Fellsmere, Grant, Valkaria, Malabar, Melbourne, Palm Bay, Sebastian, & West Melbourne. Our Executive Committee and Board of Directors are comprised of some of the brightest and most well-respected business leaders in the area.
In 2011 our Chamber aligned with the Cashel, Ireland Chamber of Commerce and became the very first US Chamber aligned with a sister chamber overseas. Both chambers exchanged information and items from their native areas in hopes of educating each other about what our cities manufacture and are known for. It is our hope to continue to develop this relationship to further tourism and commerce between the US and Ireland.
The Greater Palm Bay Chamber of Commerce shall be the influential leader of the business community on issues affecting the economy.
The Chamber’s mission is to be a proactive, member supported association of businesses, organizations and individuals united in their effort to support and develop a healthy business environment and to use its collective strength to enhance the quality of life in the Greater Palm Bay area.
What is the Greater Palm Bay Chamber of Commerce?
- A private, nonprofit membership driven organization
- An action organization working to improve and build a better community
- An effective voice in representing the general business community in local, county, and state governments
- A professional organization for people who realize they can accomplish collectively what they cannot individually
- A business resource whose strength lies in attracting the greatest number of members, creating a pool of resources from which ideas, energy and profits can be drawn
- The primary community-information resource center for visitors, current and future residents, relocating companies, business directories and relocation packages
- Networking, advertising, credibility, exposure, referrals, community involvement, direct mail opportunities, leadership programs, member-to-member discounts
- To safeguard your interests by working with other business people through the Chamber
- The Chamber promotes and environment to maximize your investment, business potential and profitability
- We provide access to multiple events and programs to build your relationships and communicate directly with powerful, influential key decision-markers, public officials, community and regional business leaders
- Establish credibility as a community-minded business by supporting Chamber programs
“I have been a member of PalmBay Chamber of Commerce for about 6 months. I am glad that I became the member. They have done a tremendous job of bringing local businesses to network together. I have been a member of other organizations, but I will have to mention that no one has done what the Palm Bay chamber has done to support small businesses. I highly recommend them.”
Ankur A. Shah, RPh
MALABAR DISCOUNT PHARMACY
930-1 Malabar Road SE
Palm Bay, Fl 32907
“Thank you for all you and your team at the Chamber of Commerce do to support us!”
Cheryl L. Avila, PhD, MathDoctor